I’m a generalist full stack software developer with special interest in scaling web technologies, test driven development, tooling, devops practices and agile workflows.
My current skills:
- Technologies: Django, Postgres, Nginx, Chef, Docker, Redis
- Services/platforms: AWS, Ubuntu Server, CircleCI
- Languages: English, Slovenian, Croatian
I started programming when I was 11, using BASIC on the Commodore 64. At that age playing computer games was fun, but actually coding the games myself – well that was just a blast. Having a brother who was as eager to learn and discuss coding, kind of meant I got to be in a team of developers even before I finished primary school. Even before the Internet took off, I was immersed in the international demoscene culture, running my own BBS and connecting with minds alike worldwide.
Fast forward to now and I’m a software developer / architect with experiences ranging from the bits of bytes of 8-bit computers to developing modern web applications and designing and maintaining the accompanying tech stacks.
I’m an avid reader and learner, I like to socialize and participate in developer communities and I strive to live a healthy life (good food, sports, meditation).
I consider myself to be:
- Test driven and developer friendly when writing code
- Lean and data driven when making decisions
- Purpose driven when learning new things
I’m also a fortunate and proud father of two (Tadej and Andraž) and a husband to my wonderful partner in life Liljana.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/primozverdnik/
- Github: https://github.com/drye
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/drye
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2481006-drye-verdnik
- Medium: https://medium.com/@drye